This Course conducted by a certified NRA Instructor. Once completed successfully the course satisfies the State of Florida requirements for its Concealed Weapons Permit/(CWP)
Extended Pistol Orientation & Live Range Exercise:
- Course Goals: To teach the basic knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely.
- Learning Objectives: 1) State the course goal and any special requirements for the lesson. 2) Identify the principle parts of a pistol and the types of pistol actions and demonstrate how they function. 3) State explain and apply the NRA rules for safe gun handling. 4) Demonstrate how to handle a pistol in a safe manner.
- Course Notes: Firearm Instruction and Safety Training - is CCW PLUS response to the American Public's need for firearm orientation for new purchasers of a handguns. The course is approximately three and one half hours of instruction in our office combined with live range time. The live range portion of the course is conducted at a modern, safe, well lit and ventilated firing range in Broward County Florida.
Short Description: The Pistol Orientation and Range Exercise course is a two-part program consisting of a slide presentation and a hands-on practical portion conducted at a range under the guidance and supervision of an NRA-Certified Instructor. The course is intended for all adults age 21 and over regardless of previous shooting experience.
- Additional Details: The course covers: gun safety rules, proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols, ammunition knowledge and selection.
- During The Instructor-Led-Training Portion of The Course: An NRA Certified Instructor will validate comprehension and application of gun safety, range protocol; proper handling; loading/unloading procedures; application of pistol shooting fundamentals; stable shooting positions; and live fire.
- Upon Successful Completion: Course, participants will be issued a certificate of course completion prior to departing the range. Course participants successfully completing the course may schedule an appointment with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to apply for their CWP. This office will provide fingerprinting, photos and application services. If you would like to visit this website to make an appointment, or just review the site click here. For your appointment you must bring your certificate of course completion and a photo id.
- Course Includes: Approximately three and one half hours of a certified NRA instructors time, use of a; Sig Sauer P365, P228 9mm Semi-Automatic, or a Smith & Wesson .38 Caliber J frame five shot revolver, and electronic hearing protection. Participants must fire 25 rounds 9mm FMJ ammo.